Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2012

Snow


It has been a while that I write something on my blog, the reason was that I was recovering from an knee injury caused by kickboxing. I have learned to listen to my body and give it time to recover. But sometimes it keeps frustrating! I did not run for almost three weeks until I don’t feel my knee anymore, than I gradually started running, 20 minutes every two days for a week, 20 minutes every second day and then expand my run every two weeks with 5 minutes. Everything was going well and suddenly out of nothing at the end of a run I felt my knee again. At that time I get frustrated, but luckily  it started snowing! When it start snowing you have to get used to this low temperatures so you must shorten your time outdoor. With that as reason it was more acceptable to shorten my runs, in psychology they call this reframing and for me it works. Even a short run in the snow creates a smile on my face and gives me a strong feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment